Sunday, March 24, 2013

Goblin Valley


Last week was Greg's spring break and we desperately needed something fun to do. We have been so busy with school and work and winter was just way to long. We needed a day out in the sun. Luckily for us the week of spring break was the warmest it had been in a very long time. We packed up one morning and headed down to Goblin Valley for the day. I have lived in Utah my whole life and had never been!! I have wanted to, just never got around to it. I was just a little excited to get down there. Get ready for picture overload!











Self timer FAIL!


Now we got it. The rock looked like a couch.




Greg on a very large saddle.


Forcing Penny to eat and drink some water.



 I found a geode! I was so excited. I used to collect rocks when I was little and loved geodes. I was so happy to find both sides of it.












Another water break. She hated taking breaks, she just wanted to explore.


We had to life Penny up this part, it was a little high. She surprised us all day at how well she could climb up rocks, this was a little to steep for my comfort. 




Is this place not amazing?!





Finally eating on her own.










Penny jumping across the gap. Seriously, she really did amaze us all day! She is so daring and athletic. She just loved it down there.


I may have smacked her head on the rock trying to get her in this picture. Poor pup.


Family photo time!! I'm not sure what is going on with Penny's face, but after 10 pictures this was the best one.

If you have never been to Goblin Valley I highly recommend going! It is pretty close and such a fun day activity. 

We had so much fun and loved spending time with just us. I have a whole list of more activities for this summer, we will see how well I do at blogging with them. And yes, Penny is like a child to us. I am not ashamed.

1 comment: