Saturday, May 28, 2011

Rugby, Rugby, Rugby!!

BYU Rugby's team made it to the national championship this year. Greg looked into and I guess BYU has made it the past few years and plays Cal every year for the championship, and this year was no different. They were playing up at Rio Tinto and we decided to go. My best friend works there and hooked us up with tickets.  

We decided to make it a date night and wanted to head up early to go to dinner at my favorite Chinese restaurant in West Jordan. But we didn't leave as early as we wanted to. We were doing some yard work and it took a little longer. Greg and to put in a new sprinkler.. fun. 


Greg and Aaron hard at work.

So once we finally got up there we didn't have enough time to eat dinner there... but lucky for us they do take out! So we got some take out and drove out to Rio Tinto. We ate are food in the car and had so much fun fun.  What a great date, eating dinner in the car.


We didn't have a lot of time to eat so Greg was still a little hungry when we left. We picked up our tickets and sat down just in time for the game to start. My awesome friend got us some pretty good tickets. I was so happy!


The only bad thing about are seats is that they were right in the sun... but that kept me warm for the whole game!


Rugby is an intense sport! It is so rough, I was getting sore just watching it. Greg and I don't know a lot about rugby and didn't know the rules. We gradually started picking it up and understanding what was going on. There was a guy in front of us explaining it to the guy in next to him. So that helped a lot!!  We watched the game and had a blast. Unfortunately BYU didn't win. But it was so much fun and we loved it. They played pretty well but were just not as good as Cal.. but according the the guy in front of us the refs were not that fair.  But I don't really know. 


We stayed a little after and and watched the trophy ceremony.  The BYU team come over to our side were all their fans were. It was pretty cool.  I wish they would have won, but we had so much fun that night. I just love date nights!







No comments:

Post a Comment