Friday, July 15, 2011

There's a kickstart?

Last night Greg and I had our date night. I was really looking forward to it and knew we would have fun. I got home from work and started making dinner. I made some KFC chicken, mashed potatos, corn bread, and some corn.  I wanted to go to a park and have a picnic but we figured the food would be cold by then, so we had a little picnic in our back yard. The weather was great, the food was delicous and we didn't have any entertainment from our white trash neighbors. This was a great start to our date night.

We decided to borrow Greg's parents little Rukus and bum around Provo for a little bit.  You can't go to many places on this little guy seeing how it can barely hit 30mph! So we had fun driving through all the neighborhoods and judging all the house. We talked about what ones we liked and what ones we didn't. We found some pretty funky ones straight out of the 70's. It reminded me of old Hollywood movies. They were so weird looking. Unfortunatly I was unaware that Greg had the camera or else I would have taken tons of pictures! We also found the house we would buy if we lived in Provo. Its an older house set back in a ton of trees. It looks like it is built in the woods! The house was a good size and looked awesome, it also had a huge yard. So who knows, maybe in 10 years we will be living there.

We decided to go up to Rock Canyon and take the neighborhood to the trail head for the Y. This neighborhood was full of big hills and the Rukus was struggling to go up some. We had just gone down a pretty big hill and were turning up a big hill to go to a great veiw of the vally. There was even a sign that said "lookout point" We made it about half way up when the Rukus died. We coasted down to the bottom of the hill and tried to restart it. It wouldn't start. We tried a few times and nothing! It wasn't even turning over. The battery was dead.  So Greg and I started pushing the Rukus up the big long hill.

We had about a half a mile to hike up pushing the Rukus. It was a long hike up. Greg pushed while I steered. Only I was not to good at steering and would tilt the Rukus making it even harder for Greg to push. So Greg ended up taking over. I tried to push had and have him steer, but I have noodle arms with no muscle so that did not last long. So Greg pushed it up the hill while I walked beside him. I could not stop laughing at the situation. What are the odds that it would die at the bottom of a big hill and we would have to push it up. So while walking up we kept observing the houses and making comments on if we liked them or not. People driving by would just stare and people outside would tell us you were supposed to ride it. It was just to funny!

We had to stop and take a few breaks so poor Greg could catch his breath. While we were stopping he pulled out the camera. I wish I knew he had it the whole time so I could take more pictures. Oh well we took a few.


Greg taking a breather! Look at theyard, it was a big hill!


This is looking down the hill. You can't even see where we started.


This is looking up the hill. I swear it was longer then it looks.


This was my attempt at pushing the Rukus. I was laughing because I couldn't do it. I am such a whimp!


But I can still smile in the process of failing.

So we finally made it up the hill and were able to coast all the way back to Greg's parents house. We were lucky they lived right off of the hill. So we putted in and his parents were outside. His dad looked at us and Greg said that the battery died and we had to push it for about a half hour up a half mile hill and we had to coast back. His dad looks at us and then walks to the Rukus and says "Why didn't you just kickstart it?" He then kickstarts it and the Rukus starts right up! We could not believe it! Me and Greg's parents started laughing while Greg shook his head in disbelif. He was so mad at himself for forgetting about the kickstart. I don't know how we didn't see it! I walked behind him and was parelle with it the whole time and we pushed on that side. We were just oblivious to it! So after giving Greg a little more harassement about it Greg's dad took us to get some ice cream. We needed it after that event!

That was such a fun date night and I loved every minute of it! I loved pushing it up the hill and laughing the whole time. I was so happy after to look at it and have a happy memory of it. Greg didn't get mad or frustrated once and I could see many people getting made in that situation. He didn't get mad and neither did I. We just had fun with it and continued to have a good night.  But next time we won't forget that the Rukus has a kickstart.

No comments:

Post a Comment