Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I just love July!!

This was the most fun weekend ever!! It was the 4th of July as well as Greg's birthday. It was a weekend of food, entertainment, friends, family and everything in between.  Friday night we had our date night at JCW'S, Greg's favorite burger place. He LOVES it!! We had a delicious dinner and headed out. While we were driving a Brad Paisley song came on and we started talking about Stadium of Fire since he was going to be there. Greg loves that guy, and said that he wishes we would have gotten tickets to it. I started smiling and couldn't hold it in anymore. I had bought us tickets for Greg's birthday and was planning on giving him the tickets Saturday morning. I just couldn't hold it in. I blurted it out and he got so excited! He kept asking if I was serious or if I was just messing with him. I was serious and I was so excited for it.

Greg is so lucky, his birthday is July 3rd and since that was a Sunday he got two birthdays. We started celebrating on Saturday after some lawn mowing and car washing. We got ready and headed to Sammy's, his other favorite burger place for some lunch. His favorite thing about that place is the pie shake. They take a piece of pie and blend it up with some ice cream. Its amazing!! After stuffing our face with as much as we could, we got a shake to go and headed down to the Provo carnival. I love carnivals so much!! It is my red neck white trash side that I try and hide so much, in the summer it just comes out! We walked around and looked at all the stuff people were selling. It was burning hot so we didn't stay to long. We headed back home in time for Stadium of Fire!! I had never been to it before and I was so excited. We watch the fireworks every year at his parents house, but its just not the same. It was amazing in the stadium.


Just waiting for it to start!
(I think the lady behind us hated us)


The stage.

We didn't have the best seats but it was still a blast! We had so much fun, I think I might want to go again. They do so much work for that event and do such a great job. It was amazing the whole time. I loved the guys dropping in by parachutes, the jet fly over, Brad Paisley and of course the fireworks. It was such a great night!!

Sunday was day two of Greg's birthday. We went to church and break the fast were the ward sang him happy birthday and the bishops wife gave him a gift. We just love our ward. They are so much fun and they love him. It was so nice of them to sing to him and I can't believe they remembered it was his birthday! After Break the fast we took a little nap and then headed up to his parents house for dinner. There is a tradition at the Cannon house. Every Fast Sunday they have breakfast for dinner. This worked out perfect since Greg's favorite meal is biscuits and gravy!! So I made that and his mom made everything else. We had so much food! We had biscuits and gravy, waffels, eggs, bacon,  and hashbrowns. It was crazy!



After dinner Greg got to open his presents, such a lucky kid.



We all sat around after and chatted. Once we got sick of each other it was time for 4-square!  Greg's family loves that game. Every summer we spend hours outside playing, and it gets intense! His dad usually refs while he is sitting and watching and never makes everyone happy. Its so much fun when he calls something and someone gets made. I love how competitive his family gets. Even his mom. Its so funny!
Once it got dark and we could no longer play it was time for birthday pie. Yes birthday pie. Greg loves pie so much! Especially banana cream pie. He is always asking for it and can never turn it down.



He turned 26 but thats all they had so... 27-1 haha


Rex is so proud of his son for making it to 26!


Look how cute and happy he is!!

The pie was delicious! His little sister Cindy made them and did such a great job. But I have to say the cake I made for him was better haha. Just kidding. It was a little over cooked which made it dry. I hate my oven! But I am pretty proud of how it turned out.



If you know Greg, you know that he LOVES BYU and The Hulk and HATES U of U. So this is what I made. A BYU cake with The Hulk ripping the U in half. I thought I was pretty clever!

Happy 4th of July!!

I just love the 4th! It is such a fun holiday. My family has a big party every year that involves a lot of food and swimming! All of my aunts, uncles and cousins come over to our house for a full day of swimming. They usually arrive at about noon and stay til about 7:00 or so. My family is crazy which makes them so much fun! My aunts have you laughing the whole time and someone is always doing something stupid. I just love my family. Not to mention my nieces and nephews are the cutest things in the world. So prepare yourself for lots of pictures!



Elyse eating the cupcake that she frosted. She loved it!


Elyse holding baby Elle. She loves her so much and always wants to hold her.


Grandma Chatterley sent the girls some patriotic dresses. Look how cute they are!




Mack was in his stars and stips and Elyse had her necklace on so we did a picture with all of them. Taking a picture of 5 little kids is extremly difficult!





Mack was playing with Elle. He loves her!



Mack trying to get as much popcorn in as he can.


I think he did it!


Ayden would twist Elyse in the swing and let her go. They both loved it!


I swear she is smiling.


Grandma and Meg eating some popcorn. My cousin makes sweet and salty popcorn so thats why everyone is eating it. Its delicous!




A nice cloudy 4th of July... there goes my tan!


Greg was waiting to get in and kept getting sprayed by a water gun.


Greg with his girlfriend. I can't believe how obsessed Meg is with him! She is always yelling for "Grewgk".


Craziness in the pool.


The spectators.
We had to keep pushing our chairs back because we would get splashed!


Carrie with the turtle! That turtle was loved by everyone.



Lindsey feeding Devin some popcorn. He was being a seal.



Ayden was told she could eat whatever she wanted since it was a holiday. She came out with this giant dougnut! By the end of the night she said her tummy hurt and she needed to lay down.



We fit a lot of people in that little hot tub.


Greg's turn with the turtle!


I love this little boy!


And this little girl!




She is smiling because Greg is taking her picture.





This kid is always jumping




That is a lot of people! My mom and I counted and we had 56 people over that day!


Mack and the turtle. He is learning how to smile! So cute!


Ayden brining me some homemade ice cream!



So my cousin kept spraying everyone with water and making them mad. He was spraying all the ladies in a circle talking and non of them had their suits on. He was spraying anyone he could get. He kept getting my dad and by the end my dad was soaked! So it was time for pay back. My dad has an old fire extinguisher that you fill with water and compressed air and it sprays out. So he filled it with the ice cold water from the ice creame maker and destroyed my cousin! It was hilarious and my dad loved every minute of it!



Look at him smiling!


They got sick of swimming so it was craft time. Amy was so proud.


Elle sleeping, can you see the drool coming out?


Mack eating his popsicle. Look at it running down his stomach. He is so cute!


Kevin putting on his floaty for the hot tub!


Greg and Mack going of the diving board!


Greg and Kevin in the hot tub. The annual tradition. This year Mack was lucky to be invited.


Elyse and Meg seeing what everyone is doing.


Mack teaching Greg how to whistle. He loves Greg so much!


Greg with his new hairsylist Meg. She does such a great job!

So that was our weekend! We had so much fun and enjoyed every minute of it. I think I need to start working out to get rid of the 10 pounds I gained, but it was well worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Looking at these pictures made me rather sad. I miss your family. Your sisters keep having babies and I just can't keep up!

    ReplyDelete