Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Eleven of Thirty

A photo of your favorite place to eat.
 
Jeri's Kitchen!!
 
Growing up when I would ask my mom what was for dinner or if we could go out, her response was always "Jeri's Kitchen". Back then I hated that!! I wanted to go out so bad and I was getting sick of eating home. But now I feel a little different.
 
(Don't mind Greg, Ayden and my Dad)
 
I love my mom's cooking more then anything! Sure eating out is great and there are ton's of great places, but nothing is like a good home made meal.  I love going home for Sunday's  dinner, I just know its going to be great!

My mom is the best cook ever!! I hope one day I can cook as well as she can. Everytime I make dinner and Greg tells me how good he thinks it is. I always respond with "It's not as good as my mom's" One day I will get there. It will just take a lot of time and practice! I try to help her as much as I can so I can learn. But she doesn't even measure anything so I don't know how I'm going to do it.


(Cute baby Mack dressed as a turkery for Thanksgiving... No we did not eat him)

I have a huge family that gets together every Sunday. We have a little kitchen with no dinning table. We have never had one. Growing up we always would sit up to the bar and eat dinner. Everyone else thought it was so weird, but thats all I knew. But now with the family getting bigger its a little hard to squeeze everyone to that bar. So this is what we do. We bring in two huge folding tables and a ton of folding chairs. It fits everyone and it works out so great!



And at Jeri's Kitchen dinner is always followed with games. It is so much fun to sit around and play games together. My mom is always buying new ones for us to play. And let me just say that my family gets intense! Everyone is competitive and so games with teams equals a lot of yelling and swearing at each other. Don't be on my mom's team playing Sequence. Just a warning.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment