Thursday, April 28, 2011

Frost Bite!

Last night I decided to spray paint some frames that I have been putting off. So I grabbed the frames and paint and headed outside. I was painting them and doing a few coats to get the black to stick to the wood. My finger that was pushing down on the nozzle started to hurt. I thought it was because I was pushing down for about 10 minutes.

I finished and went inside. My finger hurt and was covered in black spray paint. I am messy at every thing I do, so I was not to surprised. I told Greg that my finger was really hurting, so he came over to look at it. It grabbed it and said that it felt like ice. So we went into the bathroom and ran hot water over it. That killed! I couldn't take it anymore so I took it out and said it was fine. So we went about our night and my finger still hurt. I could barely even touch it. And the tip of my finger started going red! I was a little concerned.

When I was spraying the paint the tip of my finger was a little over the nozzle the whole time. And if you know about aerosl cans you know that they are under high pressure and at freezing temperature. So my finger was being sprayed by freezing liquid for about 10 minutes. I got frost bit on the tip of my finger!!

So I went to bed with my finger hurting hoping it would be fine in the morning. I woke up today and noticed there was a white spot on my finger! I ran into our room with a flash light to show Greg. He just started laughing. I got frost bite at the end of April due to a spray paint can. How is that possible? This would only happen to me.


This is my poor finger. It seriously kills!! Lets just say it has taken me a very long time to type this, my final looked like a four year old did it. It has been hurting all day! The only good thing about it is that it got me out of doing a prem today at school, but I did do a color. That was not so bad, it just took me way longer then normal.

But thats my story.

I got frost bite from a spray paint can.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is no fun! :( I am so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously!?!? Ha ha! That cracks me up. Stay away from the spray cans in the future.

    ReplyDelete