Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thirteen of Thirty

 Favorite Vacation.

This was not my favorite vacation. But we just went on a camping trip and I wanted to post about it. So today it is my favorite vacation!

Gregs family goes camping for spring break every year. It is such a fun trip and I wish we could go for the full week with them. School and work are just always getting in the way!

This year we went down to Factory Butte in Southern Utah. It is close to San Rafael and the Green River....If you know where that is. I left work a little early on Friday and Greg and I headed out to have some fun for the weekend!


Greg and I heading out on a ride. We had so much fun out there and wished it would have been longer. I am still learning how to ride dirtbikes, I grew up on four wheelers and am having a hard time switching over. I feel pretty good on it, I just need to learn how to turn! I have the hardest time with that. I take the widest turns and always go off the trail. 

I am also extremely slow!! Notice how close Greg is behind me. Poor kid. But I wouldn't have to go so slow if we were on a straight trail! Those dang turns!!



Me with my sister in law Cindy before our ride


This is everyone at Eagle Canyon. This was such a cool place. It was a big canyon with two feeway bridges above. It was crazy. One of the kids climed all the way up and threw a frisbee thing off the bridge! It didn't really get to us but it was cool. And when semi's would drive over the bridge it would sound like thunder. It was way cool.

Andy, Me, and Cindy


Greg's family left on Saturday to get back for Ward Confrence. Bishop Cannon was so happy to be heading home a day early to talk in church. But Greg and I wanted to stay. And lucky for us they had to take 2 trucks down to pull the toys. So Greg and I stayed with one of the trailers, two bikes and the Rihno. We slept in the bed of the truck and went on some fun rides the next day with just the two of us. It was fun to do that together. 



Down at Factory Butte there are a lot of mines!! And on our morning drive in the Rhino we found one that Greg and never seen before. We looked at it for awhile from the trail trying to find the road that the miners used to get up there. We found it. And lucky for us the Rhino took us right up to it! We only had to climb a little bit to get up to it.



We only had to climp up a little bit... but climbing up shell rock when you are afraid of heights is a little challenging. Greg was waiting for a little while for me to get up there. So he snapped a few pictures of me trying to get enough courage to move my foot.



I finally made to the mine and it was so cool! It was pretty big and kind of smelly. It smelled like poo. But Greg said it was just dirt. The opening shaft went pretty far and gradually got bigger. Unfortunatly for us, we were not planning on going to a mine that morning and did not bring a flash light. So we could only go in a little bit. I was kind of sad. I kept hearing about all the mines down there and how cool they were and really wanted to go in on. Next time!


Up a little from the mine there was an old wood ladder. Greg was a little curious so we climbed up there to see what it was. The ladder was old and made of wood. I didn't trust it. It was not very sturdy but Greg still had to climb up. So he went up and guess what was up there. Nothing!! Just the top of the platue. That makes me feel good that I didn't miss anything for not climbing up.



Also by the mines are old shacks that he miners lived in. It was kind of creepy. There was matterss springs, stoves, and metal jugs everywhere. It was weird. There were also a few old cars around.




Old cars are kind of mine and Greg's thing. Every time we see one we have to take a picture of it. We have a few pictures of us standing in old cars. Its kind of fun, and I get so excited when I see an old car!!


Greg and I had so much fun that weekend and loved having a little vacation with just us. Sunday after our Rhino ride we decided to take the bikes out one last time before loading up. We went to some pretty cool look out places and took some fun pictures! It would have been a lot better if the wind would have stopped. It was so windy!! That explains my hair.







Isn't that place so cool looking! I loved it! There were so many different colors in the land. It would go from red to orange to tan to green!  I just loved that trip and can't wait for the next one. Greg told me there are a few other places that he wants to take me too. So we are going to plan them and head out! Hello Copper Globe and 5 Miles of Hell. I am a beginner rider and we are going to 5 Miles of Hell next year... wish me luck.





No comments:

Post a Comment