Monday, June 27, 2011

Current Creek!

Greg and I had the chance to go up to Current Creek with his family this past weekend. His parents and sister went up on Monday and the rest of us came up through out the week. Greg and I made it up Friday afternoon and got to spend a little bit of time with a couple of his sisters before they left on Saturday. We had so much fun up there! It was so warm and mountains were beatutiful.

We pulled up and Greg wanted to head out on a ride to check the place out. So about 20 minutes after we arrived we were on the trails. His sisters and cousin had told us about one that they loved that we had to check out. We headed to it and I was so excited. I am getting so much better on dirtbikes and just want to keep practicing. We got to the head of the trail and it was MUDDY!!! Since it was so hot and the snow was melting there was water and mud everywhere! It made it so much fun. Greg took the side of the road where it was less muddy and made it though fine. I did not see that little side trail until to late. I am not very good at turning yet and could not stop and turn in time. So I went straight for the muddies part. I got about 4 ft in and my bike just stopped moving. I was stuck!! I hoped up and didn't even have to hold it up. It just stood there. I could not believe it. Greg came walking back to help me and boy did we have fun! It was so stuck and the muddy was so sticky. Our feet would get stuck so we had a very hard time getting that bike out. We finally did and continued on the trail. Just my luck to be riding for 3 minutes and already be stuck.



These pictures do not do it justice. It was horrible!!

We continued on the trail and took all of the little side ones as well. It was so much fun and so pretty. The mountians are green and there are a few little creeks running through all of them. It was amazing!



This is my super cheesey smile. Cute huh


The sun was blinding us on the top of this hill. It was hard to take pictures.

That night we wanted to go on one last ride for the day. It was getting dark so Greg and I hopped in the Rhino while the others took the four-wheelers. We took them up a trail we had taken earlier that day and wanted to go up a little side one we never tried. We took the side one and it was so much fun! We were the first one's to be on it all year! Greg was pretty much making his own trail some of the time. There was so much snow and fallen trees. It made it a little difficult.



Kathy, Bryan and Cindy
(you can't really see her, but she is there!)


Waiting for Greg to move the fallen trees from the trail.



We went as far as we could, plowed through as much snow as we could, then we reached our limit. There was to much snow so we had to turn around. Yes that is Bryan trying to show off his muscles.

That was such a fun ride! I could not believe all the snow that was still in the mountains! Its almost JULY!!! The snow made it a little harder for me in some places. It even caused my first real crash. I was following Rex on a ride when we came up on about a 10 ft long pile of snow. If you have ever driven through snow you know you have to go fast to get through it. So he went through and kind of jerked around right at the very end. That scared me, this man has been doing this for his whole life. I was so nervous!! So he pointed to right were he went and motioned me to go through that same spot. I was pretty glad because the other side of the trail is a rocky hill that led into a creek. He also patted his hands down on the air to go slow. That didn't make sense to me or to Greg. Greg told me its all about momentum. So I went as fast as I could. I really wish I would have listened to Rex haha. At the very end of the snow there as a huge hidden log! I nailed the log and my bike stopped but I didn't. I flew off but landed in the snow so I didn't get hurt. My first crash down! That better be the only crash.

That first night there were so many people that Greg and I decided to sleep in the bed of the truck. We have slept in the trailer with that many and its just not fun. I actually love sleeping the the back of the truck so I was pretty excited!


Saturday it seemed like everyone was leaving. Greg's cousin and his family were leaving as well as his two sisters, a boyfriend, and his mom. There would only be 4 of us left! So that morning we stayed around camp and played with the little kids. 


Carter helping Aaron play catch. This little boy is so cute and funny. He loved the four-wheelers and always wanted to be going on a ride. He would stand next to them and just yell "Please" over and over agian. He was in heaven!!


Diane had never been on a dirtbike, and Aaron as insistent that she try at least once before they leave.


Cindy was holding Juliet while her mom was riding. She is so cute! Greg calls her the Gerber Baby. She really does look like it!


Diane on the bike! She did such a great job and really enjoyed it!

Once they left and it was just the 4 of us we decided to go on a ride. We went up to some great views and had so much fun! The trails were a little hard for me but I did them! We had to deal with mud, snow, tons of rocks, ruts in the trail, and crossing kind of deep streams! It was so much fun.



This was such a pretty view!! To bad we had to use self timer so you cant really see what is behind us. This is as far as we could get on this trail. It came to a T and on both sides they were covered in to much snow that we could not get through. We rode for a straight 25 miles that day. I could not feel my butt. It hurt so bad!! That was my first long ride on a dirtbike I had ever done and I could feel it. Who knew the next day we would go even longer.

The next day Greg's mom came back up. She had to go home for a wedding on Saturday and headed back on Sunday morning. Sunday was my favorite day! We left early and went to some really pretty places. We stopped at a great overlook and then went to this little pond. There was so much water there!!! We stayed there for awhile and just played around. We through stuff in the river and skipped some rocks.




Those logs were NOT sturdy!


My posing just like Greg.


Once we left the pond we continued to follow the trail and we were having so much fun. This was a nice easy trail with a small creek running beside it. It was so pretty! Rex stopped and started to fiddle around with his GPS, we were on the trail to get to Daniels Summit so we headed there. We were hoping we could make it and not get stuck by some snow. The trail was continued to stay clear of snow and we made it to the road. This would be the canyon road that all the cars are on. Yeah scary. So we he had to cross the road and follow it for about a half a mile then we would reach the Lodge and eat some lunch. This was the scariest part for me of the whole trip. I don't like being passed by semi's. That is not fun. But we made it safe and sound and had such a delicious lunch! It was worth the scary part.




Me and Cindy with our dirty faces!

 That was such a fun trip! It was short, but we took advantage of every second that we could! I can't wait until our next trip. I am already antsy for it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment